- Start with Quality Meat: The first step to grilling the perfect steak is to start with high-quality meat. Choose steaks that are well-marbled and have a bright red color. At Wellbone, we source our meat from trusted farmers and ranchers who prioritize animal welfare and sustainable practices.
- Let the Steak Come to Room Temperature: Before grilling, take the steak out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes. This allows the steak to cook more evenly and prevents it from becoming dry.
- Season Generously: To bring out the natural flavors of the steak, season it generously with salt and pepper on both sides. For extra flavor, you can also add herbs or spices such as garlic powder or smoked paprika.
- Preheat the Grill: Preheat your grill to high heat before adding the steak. This ensures that the grill grates are hot enough to sear the meat and create a flavorful crust.
- Use the Finger Test: One of the most effective ways to determine when your steak is cooked to your liking is to use the finger test. Press down on the center of the steak with your finger - if it feels soft and squishy, it's rare. If it feels slightly firm with some give, it's medium-rare. If it feels firm with little give, it's medium. And if it feels very firm, it's well-done.
By following these simple tips, your customers at Wellbone can grill the perfect steak every time, and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal with their family and friends.